sábado, 30 de marzo de 2013

Algunas Guitarras - Some guitars

Today I want to introduce to you some of my guitars.

Hoy quiero presentarles algunas de mis guitarras.

I´ll begin with a Faim "For Export", and Argentinian guitar with a shape similar to a Hagstrom, from year 78 /79. It was a Christmas present that was given to me by my parents. I will never forget the moment I saw it for the first time (along with an Alarsonik amplifier). I don´t change this instrument, I really like the way it sounds, and I use it in several recordings.

Comencemos con mi primer guitarra una Faim "For Export", del año 78 / 79. En su forma es bastante similar a una Hagstrom. Esta guitarra es hecha en Argentina y me la regalaron mis padres cuando tenía 12 años, Fue para una Navidad y nunca voy a olvidar el momento en que vi la guitarra y el amplificador (un Alarsonik) por primera vez. No cambio por nada a este instrumento, suena muy bien para mí y la he usado en muchas grabaciones.

I´ll begin with a Faim "For Export", and Argentinian guitar with a shape similar to a Hagstrom, from year 78 /79. It was a Christmas present that was given to me by my parents. I will never forget the moment I saw it for the first time (along an Alarsonik amplifier). I don´t change this instrument, I really like the way it sounds.






My second guitar, I think the best one that I have, an Ibanez PF 150, made in japan. Recently I could find that iti is from year 1979. A real jewell.

Mi segunda guitarra, creo que la mejor que tengo es una Ibanez PF 150, japonesa. Hace poco rastree su origen y es descubrí que es del año 1979. Una verdadera joya.






The next one is a Fratti guitar, really cool but almost unplayable. Before I had it a luthier inspired by Jack the Ripper worked on it. I am repairing it as long as I can: I even made the microphones for it. I have to replace the bridge and do more things on this. It is not so easy to play and the tuning can be described as "experimental" being nice. The action is high, so a couple of times I used it to play with a slide. I can´t believe the prices some people ask for these kind of guitars. However is beautiful to view it.

La siguiente es una Fratti, una guitarra muy fachera pero realmente casi intocable. Encima antes que yo la tuviese fue agarrada por un luthier que debía ser hermano de Jack el destripador. La fui restaurando en cuanto pude y hasta le hice yo mismo los miscrófonos. Tengo que cambiarle el puente y hacerle más cosas todavía. No es muy tocable y su afinación podríamos calificarla de "experimental" siendo generosos. La acción es muy alta,por lo que alguna vez la usé para tocar con slide. No puedo creer los precios que piden en algunos sitios por este tipo de guitarras. No obstante es muy bonita.






Now let´s introduce a Babilon Flying V, I guess a Chinese guitar. Sometime I read that these guitars were a second branch from Martin,which I really doubt. To my surprise, the guitar is really cool, well built. This guitar is, in fact, from my son. And it was a good adquisition.

Ahora le toca el turno a una Babilon Flying V, supongo que es china, en algún momento leí que Babilon era segunda marca de Martin, cosa que realmente dudo mucho. La guitarra, para mi sorpresa está realmente muy bien, con excelente terminación. De hecho esta guitarra es de mi hijo y creo que fue una buena compra.






Finally, an unknown short scale bass, probably Japanese from the 70s. It could be a Teisco, a Hondo II, an Epiphone. Though the painting loks like the car of Columbo, the sound is really big. Like Godzilla walking on a street full of people. I change a pot because it had some noise, but it is a really cool isntrument.

Finalmente, les presento un bajo de origen desconocido, probablemente japonés de los años 70. Podría ser un Teisco, un Hondo II, un Epiphone. Es un bajo escala corta y, si bien la pintura parece la del auto de Columbo, el sonido es arrollador. Es algo así como Godzilla caminando por una calle peatonal (llena de gente, por supuesto). Le cambié uno de los potenciómetros porque metía ruido, pero es un muy lindo instrumento.





More guitars in upcoming articles.

Presentaré más guitarras en próximos artículos.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario